Tattoos are not a total bar to appointment and the guidelines do vary between some of the police forces. When you apply you will be asked to provide photos of your tattoos, which are then manually screened to ensure they could not offend members of the public.
Tattoos which would not be accepted may include:
- Firearms or weapons including blades/daggers
- Figures of anger or violence or well-known crime figures
- Images of death, including skulls of any kind (including animal skulls)
- Symbols of extreme organisations
- Naked body/bodies or particular body parts which would normally be covered
- Any tattoo ridiculing a particular belief or religion